Friday, August 20, 2010

DAY 6 - WINNIPEG

Bob, Marg & Gil outside their Grandfather's home.
No traveling today!   Slept in til 8:15 - glorious!!   Men all went golfing....how crazy is that that they gave up their 'sleep in' to hit a silly ball around a field!!   My plans are 'catch up' on laundry and e-mails.    My rocket stick doesn't always work - but this morning it is....who know's about later though!   Actually it's working now.....we had a great afternoon visiting the Royal Canadian Mint - did a tour - very very interesting.  Here are some pictures!  Bob, Marg & Gil took us to the two homes their Grandfather built in Winnipeg.   #423 and #425 Flora Street.   When we arrived we realized that Bob's dreams of a large fortune left for him was a pipe dream!    Combined their value might be $150,000.   Bob realizes his portion is nothing.   Lovely dinner at Earls...great not having to cook!

2 comments:

  1. ... Hi mom,

    Still here - still reading ... I noticed that you put a couple of posts up on the same day ... good for you for trying to stay on top of things! You won't regret it ...

    I'm trying to stay on top of my own blog for you - let you know what's going on. Did you get the video I sent by my IPhone? It was of Katia waving to Nanny & Baba ... you may not have got it, b/c of your Blackberry - but thought I'd try ...

    Ok ... off and running ...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing....no unfortunately couldn't open the video sent to my blackberry....We hope to be able to skype Sunday evening....love you lots....Glad you are enjoying my Blog....

    ReplyDelete