Sunday, September 12, 2010

DAY 29 - DIGBY N.S. TO ST. JOHN - NEW BRUNSWICK


We avoided the drums constantly!!
It was a very early start this morning - met at 6:45 a.m. so that meant preparing the Rig and getting everything secure much earlier!  However we all were on time and drove about 15 minutes to the Ferry.   Crossed the Bay of Fundy on the Ferry which took 3 hours - had breakfast on board and then found some comfortable chairs to just knit and veg!   The only thing I thought was - that considering the cost of this Ferry Ride they could at least HEAT it!   I was freezing!   We got a little lost making our way to the Campsite.   Much of this was due to the fact that often roads were closed or serious road works (see picture)  however with the help of 'On-Star' soon found our way and got 4 pull-throughs close to each other.   Rockwood Park Campgrounds had a very picturesque entry and I have attached a couple of photos.   It was time to grocery shop again - and so spent time doing that and then made Tacos for supper.  Tonight Jan has made Apple Crisp for us all - Yum!

2 comments:

  1. looking good!! I've never been to the East Coast of Canada ... hope you're taking lots of pics!! ... also - I read that you're knitting. Does that mean the Josiah's blanket is in the works :-). He'll be so excited!!

    love tawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...it's Josiah's blanket. I'm doing my best - but this is such a busy trip it's hard to get the time in that I need to do it. Anyways...we are having a wonderful time..and it WILL get finished!

    ReplyDelete